Friday, August 19, 2011

Four Birthday's In One Day.

Saturday the 13th of August was really interesting for a few different reasons. It was a day that four birthday's coincided in one day form the ages of 3 years to 81 years of age. So there was a massive age range of about 78 years which is nearly a lifetime and a half. It wasn't until that night that i discovered that here were actually four birthdays of people I knew. Yet only a few days before when I only knew about three birthdays on one day.

The people whose birthday's on that day were my Uncle Dave who is my Mum's older brother turning 81, then Darren May a friend of mine from primary school who is in his 30's, my parent's next door neighbour's kid named Sally who is between 7- 10 years old and a friend of mines kid Ryan who's turned 3 years old.

So with Darren and Ryan it was a kind of combined birthday party at a park on the shores of Narrabeen Lakes. It was an afternoon of small kids running about riding bikes and having fun. Although their were a few childhood disagreements from the birthday boy and his guests. Their were quite a few adults there and a barbecue lunch with steaks, sausages and different salads and bread. Not to forget drinks of soft drink, beer and wine that basically covers it. Also they had some lollies and sweets as well. They also had my very, very favourite party treat which was CHOCOLATE CRACKLES!!!!! After having two in quite succession after the main lunch my poor stomach was starting to turn quite a bit. It reminded me of my own childhood days of how I couldn't have that much sweet food otherwise I'd be literally sick. I don't know why that is the case yet I'm always really sensitive to sweet food.

They also had two birthday cakes for the birthday boys which was interesting. After the end of those few hours I was freezing and glad to get home after dropping of a couple of people. The next afternoon I went to Darren's mum house for a bit more of his birthday celebration and this time had some of his cake. With his Mum and relatives we were reminiscing about the old times when we all first knew each-other. Oh how the times had changed and the years flown by...... Yet it was a good couple of days of birthday celebrations....
Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment