Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sunrise, Edwina B: 2 June 2016

One typical early morning I was watching that show on channel 7 called "Sunrise". I saw Edwina Bartholomew driving around  in a car around some mystery suburb in Sydney. The camera only showed them on the inside of the car and driving which looked mildly familiar with the streets.

The School
Thinking nothing really of it I was doing my usual morning routine trying to keep warm on a cold winters day. On of of the next crosses for the segment for 'The Dream Machine' where "Sunrise" makes your dreams come true, something amazing happened. I heard the name of the local school that my brother went to as a kid for a short time. It is also about a ten minute walk away from me as well. They gave the school some money and food from Coles Supermarkets in a truck. So as soon as I saw the segment I was up, out the door and walking to the old school to see if I could meet Edwina.
Edwina and I

My thoughts were racing as fast as my walking because I did not expect a member of the "Sunrise" crew in the local neighborhood. Upon getting to the school I saw a lot of school kids and a few parents standing around talking. The truck was still there as well which was good. In the distance I saw the lady who looked a bit like Edwina. On closer inspection it turned out that it wasn't her yet a mother talking. I took a picture from a distance of the mother thinking it was Edwina which it wasn't and thus felt really embarrassed. Yet the mother did direct me to where Edwina was standing talking which was great.

Making my way over to Edwina I saw a sea of red uniforms with little heads bobbing around with the occasional adult about. It looked like the TV crew had already gone yet it was still good to see that she was still hanging around talking. She was about my height yet seemed to be wearing boots with heals. After a couple of the kids scattered I introduced myself and shook her hand. To my surprise she was friendly and we had a bit of a chat amidst a few photo's. I also told her and her producer how impressed about how they were supporting the local school and what a great idea the segment was. It's not often big TV networks visit the local area helping out. Walking out of the school I had a sense of pride and happiness that it happened so close to where I live.

The School
Also with something like that it meant a whole lot to this school and the community around it. Maybe today have a look around and see if you can do a random act of kindness for someone. If you don't have a chance today then do it in the near future. Who knows?!... You might affect someone's life in a big way. If you want you can also give me your feed back.....

Have a great day everyone...



The 'Look Alike' Mum On The Right

The School


Edwina and I

The School

The School

The School

The School

The School

Edwina and I

The School

Edwina and I



No comments:

Post a Comment