Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Mum!!!!

Last Saturday only a couple of days ago... 2nd July was my beautiful Mother's birthday. We all decided to go to Yum Cha at Chatswood for the birthday celebrations. Finally we all met up outside where I gave my brother Cam three Easter eggs which I had saved for him and his girlfriend. He was quite surprised because he wasn't quite expecting it. We managed to get a table really quickly which was lucky. We've all been there before where the queue for the table is about half an hour long or so which hasn't been good.

Upon being seated we decided to exchange the birthday presents to my Mum which was great. From my brother Cam and his girlfriend Rachael Mum got a reasonably large Cupie doll which was as it turns out in a chef's costume. My Mum was so happy because she collects chefs and can put it in her now growing collection. I gave Mum two wooden statue type angels with one saying 'love' and the other saying 'peace'. Yet I don't think Dad gave her a present there but did at home in the morning. I forgot to ask what he got her yet I'll find out. All in all she loved all the presents that she got.

Soon after we managed to get some food from the trolley's which were going around. After about ten minutes we had several different plates on the table including a pot of Chinese tea to share, fried squid, prawn rolls, pork buns, spring rolls, other rolls with prawn and garlic, some type of noodles, eggplant with fish roll thing, a Peking duck pancake each and quite a few other items also that I quite can't remember what they were. I also right at the very end saw some chickens feet which I wanted to have but if i had anymore I would have burst. For dessert we shared a coconut jelly with red beans in it and also we had some mango type of pudding with a bit of condensed milk on it. By the time we had all finished we were so full that we could have rolled out like balls out of the restaurant.

Before we all went out into the big wide world again I managed to take a couple of family photos just to remember the occasion. Yes an occasion of a birthday family get-together where sharing food and most of all company is one of the best things to do. Yes my Mum has another year of wisdom and experience underneath her belt yet it is still great to have her here. I realised something this afternoon... That last Tuesday night as I was writing my blog from last week some-one very special to a lot of people was losing their battle with life. It was strange as I was writing my blog about my parents growing older...that she - Val had passed over into God's hands. So thinking about it tonight I am so glad and grateful to still have my special Mum alive. Also not to forget my Dad as well who is still going along strong.

So I am so glad that my dear special Mum has had a very Happy Birthday surrounded by family for some of the day!! Also Mum as each year passes I am appreciating you more and I am very lucky to have a Mum like you. I pray that you may have many more happy birthday years ahead of you... Farewell for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment